Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wow. I'm Pregnant.

Hi all! I decided to create a blog to keep friends and family updated on Cameron's life instead of posting a ton of updates and pictures on facebook and being "that mom." To start this blog, I thought it would be fitting to begin at the beginning of Cameron's existence.

Ryan and I have always wanted to have children. We dreamed about what they would look like, what their personalities would be like, who they would be. We both felt that at this point of our lives, we were ready to take the plunge and become parents. I was still working full time and going to school full time, but was close to graduating. On April 15, 2011, I decided to take a pregnancy test because I just had this feeling that I was pregnant. To my surprise, it came back positive very quickly! I couldn't believe it! I'M PREGNANT??? I took the test in the morning and had to wait until Ryan got home from work to tell him. Longest 10 hours of my life! A couple months earlier, I bought an adorable UW outfit that I would wrap and give Ryan when we were finally pregnant. The time had come - and it was two days before his birthday. I wrapped the outfit in birthday wrapping paper and would tell him it was an early birthday gift.

The second Ryan got home, I raced over to him and told him to sit down. I gave him the present and told him I wanted him to open it early. Ryan is a stickler when it comes to things like this and declined the present and wanted to wait until his birthday. I yelled at him to open the present! FINALLY, he said yes and opened it. I watched his face as he studied the tiny outfit. He looked so confused and couldn't figure out why I bought him such a small shirt! He looked over at me, and I said, "I'm pregnant." His mouth dropped and he gave me the biggest hug. We were both beyond excited!

We decided that it would be fun to document the pregnancy progression by taking pictures every two weeks for the first few months, then every week until I had the baby. Here are the pictures of my growing belly!


























The pictures got a little mixed up but you get the point ; )

Pregnancy was an amazing and excitement experience for both Ryan and I. I was blessed to have an easy pregnancy and experience minimal side effects (a couple weeks of nausea, extreme exhaustion, etc). In the beginning of my pregnancy, it was discovered that I had an extremely large ovarian cyst. There was a good possibility that I would need surgery to have it removed because of its size. Luck was on our side, the cyst slowly decreased in size and Cameron thrived!

I hope everyone enjoys this blog! I'm excited to show off my little Ham : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...