Monday, July 31, 2017

fiesta like there's no manana

Holy Moly friends - Summer has been so busy!!  I hope everyone is having a great time and enjoying this amazing weather.  Yesterday was an extra special day for us - my bestie Kate got married!  It was such a fun day getting ready with all the girls (we had our hair and makeup done) and all the bridesmaids couldn't have been nicer.  Kate's sister Ana owns a restaurant in Boston (She is an amazing Chef) and she basically catered our entire morning/lunch!  Everything was DELICIOUS and made the day so special.  The wedding ceremony and reception went off without a hitch and couldn't have been more beautiful.  The kids (and us of course) had the best time dancing, eating and singing.  Congrats again Kate and Trent!  We love you.

We are getting ready for our annual camping trip to Lake Roosevelt and cannot wait to get out on the water with our family!  Getting everything prepared for a camping trip with two small kids is a ton of work - but seeing how much fun they have and how well they do makes it so worth it.  The memories that we are making together mean so much.  Cameron still talks about camping trips from 3 years ago and asks if we can go back to those same spots next year!  I remember going camping as a kid and loving every second.  Sleeping in tents, roasting marshmallows, swimming, camp fires - SO AMAZING!  I'm very lucky that my husband and kids love camping as much as I do.

Earlier this month, we had a fabulous camping trip to Ocean Shores with our friends Doug and Cindy. (Heather's parents) We arrived a few days before the 4th of July and stayed through the 5th.  The fireworks were amazing as usual and the kids loved being able to have all that open space and fresh air. We had such a great time and loved spending quality time with TuTu and Dougie!  Thank you for sharing your holiday weekend with us!

On July 16th, we celebrated my little brother Ryan's 30th birthday!  I cannot believe he is in his 30's!!!!!  I'm so proud of the man that he has become and I'm honored that he is not only my brother, but my great friend.  I love you Ry!!  My mom was kind enough to rent a cabin in Cle Elum for the weekend so we could all be together and have a great time.  We played games, went swimming, ate A LOT of food and laughed for hours.  It was great being able to be with my mom, Ryan and Heather all weekend.  The kids were in absolute heaven and cannot get enough of them.  I hope we can do that again next summer - make it a tradition.  The following weekend, Ry and I went over to my brother's house to celebrate his birthday with his close friends.  We had such a great time! Thank you mom for watching the kids so we could be kids ourselves!

Someone else had a big birthday this month - Sweet B turned 10 years young!  I can't believe she is 10 years old because she seems so young to me.  I can't get over the fact that she has been by my side for a decade now.  She brings the entire family love and happiness.  Every night when we put the kids to bed, Basie comes into each of the kids' rooms to snuggle while we read them books.  Both kids light up when she pushes the door open and her tail starts to wag.  We just adore her!

Both kids are fully enjoying their summer vacations so far!  They just completed the their last session of swimming lessons for the summer and we are quickly approaching soccer and gymnastic seasons (It never ends!)  Cameron is getting extremely excited (and a little nervous) for Kindergarten in September.  Soon we will have to go school shopping to get his supplies and big backpack!  Natalie cannot wait to go back to Preschool and meet new friends and have Ms Melissa as her teacher again.  I'm super excited that we have two more years of preschool at Wee Sprouts - Keely, Melissa, Dana and Alison have been such wonderful women in our lives.  They made the transition of school fun and stress free (especially for me!)  See you ladies soon!


August is probably busier than July!!!  We have one more big camping trip scheduled in Oregon for the solar eclipse.  We are all super excited for this amazing experience and I cannot wait to see what the kids think of it.  On top of this camping trip, we have a couple more Mariners games to enjoy!  August should be a blast.

I hope everyone has a great August!!  HUGS!
























































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...