Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Come on Spring!

Hi everyone!  I hope everyone is doing well.  I usually say that I can't believe this month is over but February totally dragged on for us! Not only was our school days cancelled because of Midwinter break, it was cancelled several times because of snow and ice!  The weather has been CRAZY this month!  The kids definitely enjoyed the major snow dump that happened and spent most of the day outside playing.  We got 12 inches!! We built snowmen, a fort and sledded down the driveway for hours!  Even Basil loved it!

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet because little Natalie isn't feeling well and just wants to snuggle.  Both kids are doing amazing!  Cameron is rocking swim lessons and is keeping up with kids much older than him!  This week, Cam will be starting Pony baseball.  He will be meeting up with his team 3 times a week for games and practices - he is beyond excited!  To make things extra special, his best friend Jackson will be on his team again!  We cannot wait to watch the boys move up in baseball and have a great time.  This is the first year Ryan will not be coaching and honestly I can tell he is sad about it.  I think this will be good for Cameron to have a new coach and maybe next year Ryan can coach again.  Work has been super busy and I doubt it would have all worked out this year.

Cam is still enjoying school very much.  He is starting his "sight words" and is beginning the process of reading on his own!  That feels super weird to say and I can't believe he is at this level already!  I'm so happy he looks forward to going to school every class.  It's even better that Natalie is in the classroom next to him.  He says it's nice to have her close and he is right there if she needs anything - MELT!  Every month, the school does a Spirit Day - February was "Wear red or pink" for Valentine's Day.  Natalie thought the day was for her birthday because everything was pink!  Both kids had class parties and had an amazing time passing out and receiving Valentine treats!  This month is "Green day" for St Patrick's Day.

Natalie is doing great at school too!  She looks forward to every class as well and is really starting to talk about what she does there.  She is even talking about her friends and want their favorite things are.  Natalie loves her teachers and decides what to wear based on what she thinks they will like!!  I think it is safe to say that she is loving school.  Makes the choice of putting her in early a little sweeter.

Nat is also still doing dance classes and enjoys EVERY second of that!  It is the perfect combination between dancing, music and fun/pretty outfits!  The instructor, Ms Alex, is amazing with these little girls and treats all of them like "Big Girls" (Natalie's words).  Cam actually loves going to her class because he hangs out with a little girl named Aspen - her little sister is in class with Nattie.  It is so cute to see him wait for her and sharing whatever he brought to class with her.

Other new news for our family is that we finished our backsplash and countertops in the kitchen!!  It looks so good and we couldn't be happier!  My brother came down one Saturday and did the entire backsplash - THANK YOU AGAIN RY!  We love it and YOU!  All that is left for inside projects as of right now is painting our kitchen cabinets.  I will again need my brother's help!  Stay tuned!

Ryan got a chance to be an adult male last weekend and went on a guys trip to Vancouver BC with his friends!  The guys went up there for a hockey game and to hang out.  I told him to take his time but he was back a little over 24 hours later!  He is such a great dad/husband and loves to be with us.  The kids and I missed him a lot and couldn't wait to have him back!

In my last entry, I shared that I recently completed the Whole 30 Challenge.  Well I felt so amazing that I decided to continue eating the W30 plan!  I would consider my diet to be Paleo now because its not as strict as the W30 diet.  I have enjoyed a couple glasses of wine since stopping W30 in January but that is the biggest splurge I've done.  I feel awesome and I'm getting so much out of every workout.  I'm notice a huge different in the strength of my body and an added bonus, I've lost inches!  Even Ryan is eating Paleo at home and loves 99% of the meals I make.  Thankful I have him to do this with!

Ok, I'm off to cuddles Nattie again.  She went to the MD today because she said her ear hurt.  Turns out she has a double ear infection!  Poor thing - and so strong!  This is her first ear infection and first time on antibiotics.

HUGS!
















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...