Monday, February 1, 2016

Collect Moments, Not Things

Hi friends and family!  I hope 2016 is off to a great start like ours.   We have been busy every weekend this month, doing a ton of fun activities.

The first weekend in January, we celebrated Cameron's 4th birthday with his friends at Acme Bowl!  This was the first time the kids bowled and everyone had a blast.  Cameron requested a "Star Wars" birthday - I made homemade Stormtrooper cupcakes.  He was so excited to play with all his friends and have all the attention on him.  Thank you again to all who came out : )    The day after Cam's party, we decided to drive up to the mountains and go sledding!  This was Natalie's first time playing in the snow - status: unsure.  She was extremely cautious and didn't seem to like the cold.  I understand that - it was all of 17 degrees outside!!  It hadn't snowed in a week or so, the snow was crunchy and hard.  We lasted all of an hour lol

The second weekend in January, we were invited to Chelan with my Aunt Rosie, Uncle Mike, my cousins and their friends.  While we were there, Winterfest was going on in downtown Chelan.  We had the chance to listen Blue Thunder - Seahawks drum line, hang out by a giant bonfire (Everyone in Chelan throws their Christmas trees into the fire!), play in the snow and watch an amazing fireworks show!  The kids were troopers that night, it was freezing!  They were both in heaven spending that much time with Jordan and Tony.  The boys take such great care of them.  We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, playing in the snow, watching football and eating!  We had a great time - Thank you again Aunt Rosie and Uncle Mike.

The third weekend in January, we drove up to Bellingham to visit Ryan's Uncle Rick, Aunt Coqui and cousins at their new house.  There house is on quite a bit of property and on a lake, the kids both had a blast exploring and tossing rocks into the lake.  It was great catching up with them and Coqui made us an amazing dinner!  Thank you both so much for having our crazy little family up.  Hope to see you soon!

Finally, this past weekend, Ryan and Cameron took the Light Rail up to Seattle to attend Mariners FanFest together.  They had such a great time and I'm not sure who had more fun.  Cameron was able to run the bases, visit the locker room, play on obstacle courses and slides.  He even got to meet the Mariner Moose and Aquasocks Frog!  So much fun!!  Natalie and I stayed at home and took the girls for a long walk.  It was nice to have more personal time with her.  While she napped, I cooked up a storm in the kitchen.  I recently started a new hobby/job.  I shop, prep, prepare and cook weekly meals for my Aunt Rosie!  She is such a busy woman and doesn't have the time to do this, and I LOVE COOKING and meal prepping!  It is a match made in heaven!  I'm so excited to start this new adventure! Thank you Aunt Rosie for giving me the opportunity to help you : )

we stayed at Great Wolf Lodge!!  The kids (and us) had a wonderful time!  Great Wolf does a great job of including activities for kids of all ages and making the parents comfortable (coffee, booze... lol) We played in the waterpark, walked around the entire place and explored.  The kids were exhausted when we left!  Thank you Cindee and Marc for the great Christmas present!  We had a wonderful time : )

Cam is doing so well.  He is by far the sweetest boy I have ever met.  He is so loving and concerned about everyone around him.  Cam is still loving going to school and we recently registered him for next year.  He will be going to school three times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday).  Two days will be the same time and duration but once a week he will be going until 1pm!  He will get a chance to be a big kid and have lunch at school with his friends!  He is very excited - especially because all of his friends are registered for the same class with him again!  I am extremely excited and lucky because I have become friends with several moms.  These ladies are so much fun and I love to be around them!

Cameron is a great big brother to Nattie and is very concerned with her every move.  When Nat and Cam are playing with other kids, he wants to make sure everyone knows that Nat is his sister.  He pulls on her and tries to hold her hands and hug her.  I think it is a little bit of jealously because she is having fun with other kids.  I do think it is adorable nonetheless : )  We have entered a newer phase of tattling recently.  Cam has to be in control of every toy in the house (even when it is Natalie's).  If he doesn't get it, he will either pull it away or tell on her.  This brings me to Nattie's newer phase: Screaming!  I asked Cameron's teacher if he is pulling toys away from friends or not sharing but she informs me that he is a great boy.  We are working through this habit and most days it is just annoying.  I try to think of this as a great teaching opportunity for both of them.  Cameron needs to learn to share and let other people be in control of play situations.  Natalie needs to learn to use her words instead of screaming.  Unfortunately for Cam, Nat is starting to come to me and try to explain what happened in the confrontation!  Go Sneak!

Nat is also doing so well.  This child CRACKS herself up and loves laughing and singing!  I could literally watch her for hours and still be amazed that she is mine.  She is becoming much more independent and is doing well at trying new things.  Like most 2 year olds, Natalie has fallen victim of "Picky Eater Syndrome" but is starting to try new things a little bit.  Before, it was a huge fight to get her to try anything that she didn't want.  Everything has to be her idea in order for her to try it.  Nat is taking suggestions and sometimes she refuses - I think that is important too!  This little girl can not and will not be pushed around!

Natalie hit several big milestones this month!  The biggest transition so far - Natalie is now in a "Big Girl Bed!!!"  Right before we left for Chelan, Nattie surprised us by climbing out of her crib and walking into our bedroom!  I asked her to show me how she did it and without hesitation, she gingerly climbed out right before my eyes.  I asked her if she could get back into the crib and again without hesitation, she threw herself into the crib - GAWD!!  We the exception of a few nights, she is doing surprisingly well.  Next stop, POTTY TRAINING....

Nattie is now letting me do more things with her hair!  I'm in LOVE!!!  She looks so adorable and likes to see what was done to make her "pretty'.  We are now letting her pick out her own clothes and shoes - she is thriving with the chance to make her own decision.  She is so confident - I'm proud.  I do believe that Speech Therapy has helped her tremendously.  She has tested out of bi-weekly therapy and will meet with Larisa and Ramona in April.  We are still attending weekly playgroups at Children's Therapy Center and both kids love going.  The class is perfect for both of them because it teaches them sharing, taking turns and trying new things.

It seems like every phase is my favorite, but this phase is my new favorite.  The kids are getting more independent and closer to each other.  It is so much fun to watch them play together and experience new things.  Natalie looks to Cammie for reassurance and he protects her fiercely.  Being so busy this month showed me that we are able to be more mobile and flex the schedule a little bit more without meltdowns.  I told Ryan that I feel like I have a new lease on life.  I've always been emotionally and mentally there but I was never able to participate physically with the kids and Ryan.  I had such a wonderful month, not only during our adventures, but daily activities too.

I have officially completed rehab and have one more visit to my surgeon before being cleared of this horrific experience!  Thank you to all my friends and family that have shown compassion and concern for me and my family during this time.  We couldn't have done it without your love and support.  I hope you all have a wonderful month!!

Kisses and Hugs!!  xxoo





























































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...