Friday, August 31, 2018

Look out school - here comes CAMERON AND NATALIE!!!

I can't believe August is over!!  By the looks of my photos, I was too busy and distracted to take many!  We wrapped August up with soccer camp for Cameron and lots of school shopping for both kids.  We had more lazy days the last couple of weeks - which was much needed!  I'm trying to soak up every last moment with both kids at home.  At the same time, we are very much ready for routine and structure.  

We finished up our great summer with a wonderful, short camping trip to Castle Rock (near Mount St Helens) this week.  We camped with our friends - The Kalouners -  and had an AWESOME time!  Elizabeth and Matt have two adorable kids that both Nat and Cam love.  Needless to say, they had a lot of freedom to explore and laugh together while us parents hung over.  I really look forward to doing more camping together in the future!

Cameron will be starting 1st grade on Tuesday!!  Yesterday, we were able to attend his "Meet and Greet" at his school and now we are all excited!  The feeling I'm getting from Cameron this year is confidence.  I feel that he is excited to be at school with his friends and according to him, "I can't wait to play on the big kid playground at recess!"  His teacher and her class are amazing - she seems to be a very sweet and organized person.  Stay tuned for the update on his first day!

Natalie will be starting her last year of Preschool (PreK) on the 10th!  Wednesday, we attended her "Meet and Greet" at her school and per usual, everything is set up and perfect.  This will be our last year at this school and it is bittersweet.  We are super excited for her to move into Elementary school and start her education (with an amazing foundation thanks to her Prek!!)  On the other hand, she is our baby and is growing up too fast!  Keely, Cindy and Melissa have been such a great support system for our little family and we will miss them tremendously!  Keely's daughter will hopefully continue to babysit for the kids in the future!  

Natalie's birthday is the first day of school for Cameron this year.  I'm going to do my best to make her feel special and noticed, even during this crazy time.  I'm planning on taking her to ice cream and to get pedicures!  I can't believe my little baby is turning 5 in a couple days...

I'm so sorry this blog post is so short!  I was shocked that I didn't take more pictures but...LIFE HAPPENED.  I hope everyone is doing well and have a wonderful SEPTEMBER!

HUGS








































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...