Saturday, September 30, 2017

I love Fall most of all

Hi Everyone!

I first wanted to start this post by thanking everyone for the great and thoughtful birthday wishes for Natalie and myself!  We were both overwhelmed by love this year - THANK YOU!!

I'm going to dive right into what you all are probably wondering about - SCHOOL!!  Yes friends, the kids both started school and did a fantastic job!  Both kids started school on September 11th.  Cameron's school started first and I have to say, was a little bit overwhelming.  There were a lot of kids and parents there at the Kindergarten drop off and honestly, we weren't 100% sure of the routine!  With that said, I think things went very well and Cameron felt super confident leaving us and walking with his class into the school.  I surprising didn't cry (probably because I did the night before like a crazy person).

Natalie did so well at drop off and was an old pro.  She was a little shy at first but quickly warmed up when she saw her little friends from last year.  Unfortunately, her friends are in the other class but she thinks it is still fun to hang out with them before class.  According to her teacher, Ms Melissa, she is a great role model in class and is showing confidence and pride in her work.  That is absolute music to my ears!

I had the chance to speak with Cameron's teacher this week as well.  She said that Cameron is the Team Captain of his table and is extremely thoughtful and focused in class.  Mrs M also said that Cam is coming out of his shell and is opening up in class a lot more.  He now has no problem speaking in front of the 20 kids!  He is excelling at his school work and is enjoying his homework (consists of coloring, decoding a poem, counting, reading and practicing sight words).  He is really enjoying school and wants to go back every day.  Another big milestone that happened in the first two weeks of Kindergarten was that Cameron is officially reading books by himself!!  We are so incredibly proud of him!  I can't believe this is happening - first riding a two wheel bike then reading!  Cameron's current goal is to be able to tie his shoes by his birthday.

I couldn't be happier with how the first month of school has gone for both kids.  I feel so relived that they are both excelling and enjoying themselves.  It has been nice to have some special time with Natalie while Cameron is at all day school.  She is so easy and fun to be with.  She loves helping and just hanging out with me (I adore it too).  Natalie even went to coffee with me and my girlfriends after working out this week!  She was an angel of course.  I also get 4 hours of personal time a week - which is amazing!  I've been using that time to workout, grocery shop and read.  It's been great having a second to myself and recharge my mommy batteries.  I do miss them though....

Natalie started her dance class up again and is loving every second of it!  Her little friend Emily is back with her so she is excited!  I'm excited because Emily's mom, Beth, is with me!  I absolutely adore her and her girls.  Unfortunately, Cameron is in school during dance and isn't able to hang out with Beth's other daughter Aspen.  Both Aspen and Cameron are seriously missing each other.  They have been passing notes and pictures back and forth and decided to become pen pals!  Their little relationship is the cutest!

Cameron starting his soccer season this month as well.  He is LOVING IT!!  Soccer is definitely Cam's sport.  Not only is he running the ball to the goal multiple times a game, he is now able to assist and pass the ball to other team mates.  He is really into this season and gives 100% at practice and games.  I'm super proud how dedicated he is to both school and sports.  Very respectful.

Both kids are also doing swimming lessons!  I know it sounds like a lot but they both are excelling at swim and we want to stay consistent as long as they want to do it.  Cameron is a fish!  He is all the way into the lap pool area and is doing all types of strokes!  I can't believe how far he has come - he is doing so well.  Natalie has also made huge improves and loves to get into the pool.  This time last year, Natalie would cry and scream in the pool... my what a year!

Big news for Natalie - she is now a big 4 year old now!  She was so looking forward to turning 4 and being right behind brother (Cammie is 5, now I'm 4!)  Natalie loved opening up presents and getting all sorts of special attention!  It felt like the entire month of September was all about Nat!  We celebrated her birthday with a few friends in the beginning of September at a Gymnastics place in Enumclaw.  They had such a great time and played the entire time!  Again, in lieu of gifts, Natalie collected donations to the local animal shelter - THANK YOU FRIENDS!

The first week of school, Natalie brought pink cookies into her class and celebrated there too!  She was so proud when I picked her up because she received a big card signed by her class and a beautiful crown that said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!"  Everyone was commenting on it at the store and she couldn't believe how many people knew it was her birthday!!  She then wore it for two more days!!

We had a great September.  It feels like the month flew by!  We are SO looking forward to October and hope that everyone enjoys the cooler weather and fall activities!










































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...