Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goodbye 2016!

Hi peeps!  I hope everyone had an amazing December and Holiday season!  Like usual, our month was extremely jammed with Santa visits, Holiday parties, birthdays/birthday parties, Christmas concerts, family gatherings, swimming lessons, hosting 3 Christmas' at our new house and more!  We had so much fun - it felt like it flew by!  We finished up the month with a very special  birthday - CAMERON!!

I cannot believe we celebrated Cameron's 5th birthday yesterday.  He had such a great, laid back day with us and it felt great to just be the 4 of us.  He started his big day off by opening his door to a waterfall of balloons!  Nothing beats that huge smile he had and the giant hug we got.  Next, per his request, I made chocolate peanutbutter pancakes - with 5 candles of course!  We sang him "Happy Birthday" and opened his little presents before getting dressed and heading to Hyak at Snoqualmie for some sledding!  He was all smiles on the hill and was so brave to try everything at least once.  Most times, he wanted to do the big hill alone (which scared mommy).  After sledding, we headed home to watch the Husky game (great effort Huskies!)  Cameron was disappointed that we lost and kept saying, "I really don't like Bama!"  To finish up his birthday, Cam requested Red Robin Mac'N'Cheese!  All day, I couldn't stop staring at my baby boy.  I can't believe that he is 5 years old and such a little man.  I still see my little baby in his face and miss him being so small and cuddly.  The perk of having Cameron as a 5 year old now is all the hugs, kisses, "I love you's", "Mommy, you are so beautiful."  I'm so proud of who he has become.  I'm proud of Ryan and even myself for raising such a sweet, kind and compassionate young boy.  We love you Cammie!

Both kids are excelling at swimming and even making major progress!  Two weeks ago, Cam swam all the way to the middle of the pool, unassisted!  The instructor gave him a break at the center of the pool then he swam all the way back to the edge unassisted again!  This is Natalie's first swimming lesson session by herself without Ryan or I.  She is still a little hesitant to start activities but will do them if asked.  She is doing such a great job and can't wait to start the new session in January.

January is going to be a big month for Natalie.  Not only is she starting another session of swim, she has expressed repeatedly that she wants to do dance classes!  So on January 4th, Nattie is starting her very first dance class through Lake Wilderness Lodge in Maple Valley!  Apparently she will be doing tap dancing first then move on to Ballet in a couple weeks.  She is beyond excited and is telling anyone who will listen to her.  I can't wait to see how much fun little Nattie will have.  My friend Becca let us borrow her daughter's tap shoes (THANKS AGAIN!) and I melted at how cute they are!  I cannot wait!

Another huge step for Natalie in January is that she is starting preschool on the 3rd!!  She will be attending the same preschool as Cameron right up the street!  We are so excited for her and can't wait to see her learn and grow.  Obviously she will not be in the same class with Cameron but she will be attending the same days (Monday and Wednesday only) and she has the honor of being in Ms Melissa and Ms Dana's class just like Cam did!  Since I am already fond of Melissa, I know that Nattie will not only excel in her class but will have such a great time!  This is going to be a very interesting transition for me as a stay at home.  My physical need during the day is starting to get less - which is great but very hard.  I'm starting a new work out routine and having those extra 4 hours of personal time will help me reach my fitness goals.  Stay tuned to find out how Natalie is doing!!

Both kids are doing amazing right now and I couldn't be happier.  I absolutely love this phase we are in and can't get enough of the kids playing together (laughing and giggling).  I'm also loving how helpful everyone is being with picking up, organizing and chores.  Even little Nat is helping out by keeping her room clean and picking up after herself!  My favorite accomplishment is at the table.  After every meal, both kids ask if they can please be excused!  After they are excused, they put their dishes in the sink!!!!!!  HEAVEN!!

Sorry this blog entry is so short.  I'll be lazy and let the pictures do the talking this month!  Love to you all!






























































































































































































































































































1 comment:

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...