Friday, August 1, 2014

Fun in the Sun!

Hi everyone!

I hope this post finds everyone well - and cool!  WOW - summer is officially here!  It has been a toasty one this year and we are loving all the beautiful weather.  The kids have been having a blast outside with the swings, Cammie's new water/sand table, pool and lots of morning walks.  I have taken the kids to the spray park with my girlfriend too.  This summer has been a crazy busy one full of weddings, bachelorette/bachelor parties, bridal showers and more! Every weekend until the end of September is completely FULL!!  It's nice to be around family and friends though and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Starting July off, we drove to my Uncle's house in Poulsbo for 4th of July festivities (on the 3rd).  We had such a great time playing in the water, going on the boat, walking through town and of course eating!  It is incredibly beautiful over there - Thanks Uncle Jeff!  The 4th of July was a lot of fun too.  We spent the day over at my parents house and the kids love the fireworks.  It made me nervous because Cammie is not afraid of fireworks AT ALL.  Next year should be interesting and he needs to be watched EXTREMELY CLOSE!! Nattie actually slept through about 2 hours of fireworks with no problem!  

Something huge happened this month - I left both kids for 2 nights for the first time!!  I flew down to Vegas with my girlfriends Amanda and Sally for my future sister in law's bachelorette party (Brittany).  We had such a good time away (Both Mandi and Sal are stay at home mamas too)  It was weird sleeping all night, eating a meal by myself and genuinely having personal adult time with friends.  Ryan had a great time with the kids too.  He was perfect to me and sent me just enough pictures/videos to satisfy my need for the babies - THANKS BABE!  I'm glad they did well because next month I'm going to Chelan for another bachelorette party over night!

There is so much to say about both kids this post!  Cam is growing like a weed!  He has almost cut he last baby tooth and we are all super excited for it!  He has cut a tooth every month since he was 10 months old - one at a time.  Poor thing.  He is completely aware that this is his last tooth and wants to see it all the time.  I told him that we will have an ice cream party when it is finally in.  Speaking of teeth - Cammie had his first dentist appointment today!  He did very well and they were able to do his full exam, cleaning and fluoride treatment with no push back from Mr.  I was so proud of my little guy and couldn't help but to take a few pictures.  He got to watch a movie during the visit and where cool sunglasses.  When we got into the car, he said, "Mommy that was so cool!'  Cam left with a bag full of little toothpastes, a new toothbrush, flossers, sugar free lollipops and a toy.  Oh and his exam was perfect!  No cavities or decay and his spacing is great.  YAY!

Cam is still doing well and is still enjoying My Gym a lot.  We moved him up a class and he is now in the "Terrific Tot" class on Tuesdays.  This class focuses on waiting turns, colors, singing, counting and sharing.  The sitting patiently waiting until his name is called is taking a lot more work than anything else but he is doing well.  Cammie has a lot of fun with his friends and teachers and cannot wait until we go back the next week.  This fall we are thinking about enrolling him in either soccer or swimming lessons.  He loves to be active and tries so hard at everything he does.  

We have officially entered the "Cammie do it" phase.  WOW - very, very trying.  His vocabulary has increased dramatically this month and unfortunately some things are not as cute.  He is really tiring to gain his independence and freedom and it has been a bit of a struggle for everyone involved.  His new phrases include: "Put me down!" "Cammie do it" "Don't say no, I a kid!" "Leave me alone" "I miss you so much" "I'm just trying to snuggle!!" "I'm sorry, It my fault" "Nothing!" "Yeah Mom?" and more.  It is challenging dealing with a 2.5 year old at times, but I am loving seeing him grow and learn every day.  

Cammie is still dancing up a storm!  Both kids love music and can't help but to move their little bodies.  It is super fun to see Cam interact with other people and try to communicate with them.  Most of the time, people can clearly understand him, other times it's a bit of a challenge.  It just makes me realize that I know him inside and out COMPLETELY!  I speak fluent "Cameronese"  

We couldn't be happier with Cam.  He is super sweet, empathetic, loving and compassionate to everyone (especially animals).  Here are his top favorite things for this month:

1.  Curious George
2.  Almonds
3.  Nona and Papa
4.  Play in back yard
5.  Fast cars

I just love my little Mr so much!  Life has definitely been challenging with a 2.5 year old and a 10 month old but it has also been amazing.  We are so lucky to have Nat and Cam as our children.  

Natalie has been growing like crazy and I can't believe it!!  I feel like time is flying much more with her than it did with Cammie.  She is super long and light as a feather (She only weighs 17.5 #!)  and really enjoys following her brother around.  Nat is still sporting 4 teeth (front tops and bottoms) and I believe she is starting to teeth with another.  Her big smile is absolutely contagious and lights up a room immediately!  Lucky for us, her smile is almost constantly on her adorable little face!  She is also laughing a lot more and likes to test her boundaries.

Nattie already has favorite shows and loves to watch them and dance (She moves her arms up and down and shakes her head side to side).  Her favorite by far is Clifford the big red dog.  She gets a huge smile plastered on her face and snorts and laughs during the theme song.  It melts me every time - even Cammie loves it. 

Another big moment for her this month is she starting to walk behind toys!  It is the cutest thing seeing her chase after Cammie we the firetruck or pirate ship!  Cam thinks it is so much fun and wants her to go faster and faster!  Nattie can't wait to be big and follow Cam everywhere!  They are really starting to play together and it makes me so happy!  I recently bought a double umbrella stroller off of craigslist (It was a steal!) and Nattie thinks she is SO COOL sitting as an equal with Cam.  They swing their feet together, hold hands and share snacks!  She has also been riding in the grocery cart and Cam has been walking the store.  I can't believe it!  

Nattie is such a huge eater and it is shocking to see that tiny little girl gobble down an adult size portion of food! She is not picky at all and has no problem trying everything and anything that is put in front of her.  I'm still making pureed baby food for her for those days when we are on the run and sometimes she eats that in addition to table foods. Nat is still nursing like a champ and I can see us doing extended breastfeeding (hopefully until 15 months). 

Nattie is such a happy and sweet baby girl.  I couldn't imagine our lives without her.  She has brought us so much joy and love and I can't wait to see what August brings.  She is extremely intelligent like her brother and I foresee a lot of planning behind our backs!  We are definitely blessed - WE LOVE YOU SNEAKERS!

I hope August treats everyone well and the weather continues to be beautiful and sunny!  Here are our monthly pictures!  Love to all!


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...