Saturday, May 3, 2014

April Showers!

Hi Friends and Family!

I hope this post is finding everyone well!  I'm posting this month's blog a few days late because we were on a little get a way to Ocean Shores with our friends Sally and Penny!  I wanted to include some of the kids beach pictures!!  Cammie LOVED the ocean!  He was running on the beach, played in the sand, ran from the waves and of course got completely soaked!  He is definitely a little beach bum!  Nattie wasn't a fan of the beach - I think the heat got to her.  It was in the upper 80's while we were there.  Hopefully she is by ok during our next trip.  Thank you Sally for inviting us to Ocean Shores.  I wish we had more time there!!

April was a very busy month for us: Giant baby sale, wedding planning with Heathy, Mariners game with the family, Easter, My Gym, Playdates, trip to the Ocean (just me and the kids), Ryan's birthday and even a date (Thank you Jeanine for watching the kids!)  It was a great month, even though it rained a lot!  Cammie got a little cars umbrella from the Easter Bunny and loves to go outside with it and his Thomas boots.  The weather is getting better and better and we can't wait to be outside more.

Cameron is SO MUCH FUN!!  He is still as busy as ever - constantly on the move and doesn't rest unless he is asleep.  He started a little garden in the backyard and loves to watch it grow.  He planted Strawberries, Sweet Peas, a few flowers and Basil.  For Easter, Nona and Papa got him a little watering can, bug net and viewing container.  Everyday rain or shine, Cammie is outside catching bugs! He still very much enjoys My Gym and is learning something new there every week.  It's so much fun to see him interacting with other kids and experiencing new things.

Cammie's vocabulary has increased dramatically this month.  He is speaking clear sentences and is able to tell us exactly what he wants (So wonderful!).  This little boy talks up a storm with his cute voice - I can't get enough!  This last week or so he has been displaying his two year old attitude a bit.  He heard a friend say, "NOW" once and he thought it was cool apparently because he tries using it on us.  We consider it to be too demanding and suggest he uses the word "PLEASE" instead.

I would have to say that Cam is very well behaved 99% of the time.  He doesn't have the tantrums like a lot of two year olds have (Thank Goodness).  As long as he knows what is going to happen next, he is usually very calm and goes with the flow.  Cammie is still taking long afternoon naps which gives me a chance to have down time with Nattie.  She usually takes her long nap in the afternoon around the same time, so somedays I actually can sit down for a little while!

Here are Cammie's top 5 favorite things this month (Straight from him!)

1.  Fast cars, big trucks, airplanes, firetrucks, choo choos
2.  His monkeys (He has 4 monkeys that his sleeps with.  He named them "Mommy" "Daddy" "Cammie" and "Nattie")
3.  The Little Engine That Could
4.  My Gym
5.  Finding Snails

Cameron absolutely LOVES dancing to music!  Ryan started him a playlist on spotify which he knows how to access and work.  He earns iPad time by helping with chores, going potty and displaying great behavior.  After he earns the time, he gets access to the iPad - which most of the time is him changing songs and dancing around.  He now asks he to take videos of him dancing so he can rewatch himself over and over!  Cracks me up!  Cammie also loves to sing songs to us.  He can sing:
- The itsy bitsy spider
- Rock-a-bye baby
- ABC's
- Happy Birthday

He also picks us on parts of songs that he hears and sings along (ADORABLE!!)  Some of the artists aren't typical two year old favorites - Lorde, Goyte, Bruno Mars, etc.

Ok I saved the best for last.  Cameron started two major things this month:  Reading and Potty training!!  He is rocking at potty training and is currently wearing big boy undies all day (Pull up at nap just in case).  He stays dry all day and even goes poop on the potty!  I did the 3 day method with him and I feel it was very successful.  When he turns 2.5, I'm going to work with him on staying dry overnight.  I'm beyond proud of his hard work!!  He is super proud of himself and beams after he goes.  Cammie can also read a couple books to us before bed.  He is able to read "Goodnight Moon", "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and part of "Roadwork" to us.  Ryan and I have the biggest smiles on our faces when he reads.  I just can't get over how grown up he is already.  Every month it gets better and better!!

Cameron is the best son a parent could ask for.  He shows a tremendous amount of compassion, sympathy and empathy for everyone around him (including monsters).  He always makes sure his family is happy and if we aren't for any reason, he gets into our faces with a sad look and gives hugs.  He is such a dream.  I love him so much.

Oh my little Natalie Quinn.  She is definitely a diva and demands attention!  She is quite the opposite of Cam when it comes to her disposition.  Nattie loves to be snuggled, cuddled, kissed, carried and touched.  She is very attached to her purple blanket (her lovie) and it instantly calms her down when she is upset.  Her hair is coming in thick and is super blonde!!  She still has a couple extra long newborn hairs that blow around on the crown of her head!

Nattie is now eating solids and seems to like everything that I make for her so far.  She is the opposite of Cam and prefers the veggies to fruits.  She is eating:
- Peas
- Zucchini
- Green Beans
- Sweet Potatoes
- Yams
- Carrots
- Avocado
- Summer Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Pears
- Prunes
- Apples
- Blueberries
- Mango

Just like for Cammie, I make all of Nat's foods.  I love being able to give her the best foods and I feel better knowing exactly what she is eating.  She is still nursing very well and I'm still loving it.  I can't imagine not having that dedicated cuddle time during nursing.  Nat still only has one tooth but I believe she is working on her next front bottom tooth.  She hasn't been sleeping very well at night (I've been nursing her up to 5 times a night for the last two weeks!!)  As exhausted as I am, I know it gives her comfort and I feel like it is the least I could do to help with her uncomfortable teething.

Nattie is crawling up a storm now and loves to be on the move.  She is very speedy and can cruise pretty far now!  When she gets into something she isn't supposed to have, I say "NAAAATTTTTTIE..." she turns and puts her hand on her butt and has a huge smile on her face.  She is starting to understand the word "NO" and knows when she isn't supposed to be doing something.  Where she listens or not is another story!  Nattie has the cutest smile and an adorable contagious laugh.  She LOVES to babble and tell stories too.  I was able to get a few conversations on video this week.  She is also shaping up to be a total Daddy's Girl - Ryan is quite smitten : )

I can't imagine our lives without Natalie.  She is such a lovie and joy to have around us.  I cannot wait to see her and Cammie playing together and getting into mischief like I did with my brother.  They are going to be the best of friends!  We are so blessed to have these amazing babies!

We took a lot of pictures this month of the kids!  Next month there will be a ton too because we are going to take the kids to California!!  I hope everyone has a wonderful May!!

Love to all!!









































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...