Friday, December 1, 2017

Thankful

Hi everyone!  I hope November was great to you all and you are enjoying the start of the holidays!  We had a busy November and apparently we didn't take a ton of pictures as usual... 

I'm writing this at Ocean Shores right now - we are at Ryan's annual Holiday Party at the Ocean!  We look forward to this weekend every year.  We get a weekend away with each other and friends and the kiddos get a fun weekend with Auntie and Uncle!!  We are so thankful Heather and Ryan!!  We love you!

It's been a busy month celebrating and preparing for my cousin Lia's wedding!  I organized her bachelorette party in Leavenworth the weekend of the 10th (her birthday weekend too!).  We stayed in an amazing house and had such a great time.  All of her friends were so much fun and incredibly sweet.  I'm so glad everything turned out well and she enjoyed herself - I know I did!

Cameron and Ryan were able to snag some tickets to the UW vs Oregon game this year.  Cameron had a great time with daddy even though it was FREEZING!!  I'm so glad Ryan takes the time to have special dates with the kids.  They both are going to look back on their childhoods and remember how much time their daddy gave them.  Sometimes he thinks its not much, but the looks on their face say otherwise.  Ryan is the best dad and I'm thankful my babies have him.

The kids are doing very well!  Cameron is still enjoying school and continually gets praise from his teacher.  She says that he is a "Role Model" at school and enjoys having him in her class very much.  I'm so proud how sweet, smart and compassionate Cameron is.  In November, Cameron's class put together "Comfort Bags" for homeless individuals in the area.  The bags included water bottles, hand/foot warmers, snacks, etc.  The bags also included the most ADORABLE hand written notes from each kid.  The woman in charge of the charity that delivers the bags showed the kids who the bag would be going to.  The kids (especially Cam) were moved and felt that this is something that should happen regularly.  Mrs M is currently organizing another charity event for the kids to participate in.  

Swimming and soccer are done for the rest of the year but little Natalie is still doing dance.  She LOVES going to her class and is sad that break is coming in a couple weeks.  Natalie is still loving her school and looks forward to going every week!  Every week, her class goes over a letter and number - she is getting excited for the week of letter N!  

We had a really great Thanksgiving that was pretty low key.  I made my first ever turkey - it turned out DELICIOUS!!  I'm looking forward to making a lot of yummy holiday food and baked goods soon.  I'm a little out of sorts with Cameron being at school all day without us.  I still feel like a piece of me is missing.  But to see how well he is doing, it takes the pressure off.  I love having special time with Natalie and we are trying to stay busy during the day (not a problem!!)  

I started to volunteer in Cameron's class once a week.  I absolutely LOVE it and wish I could do it more.  When I walk into the classroom, Cam's face lights up and he winks and blows me a kiss!!!!!  All his friends say, "Cameron, there's your mom!"  I'm so happy he is excited that I come to his class - I know it won't last forever, so I'm sucking up every second!

Sorry not a lot of pictures this month... busy being in the moment I guess!  Have a great Holiday season and a Happy NEW YEAR!!












































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You.

Hi everyone! I have recently made a huge decision with my blog.  With the kids away from me during the day most days, it has been increasi...